Effects of 5th House
1-3. O Brahmin, now I tell you the effects related to the 5th house.
If the lords of the ascendant and the 5th are in their own signs or in an angle or in a trine, one will enjoy thorough happiness through his children. Should the 5th lord be in the 6th, 8th, or 12th, there will be no offspring. Should the lord of the 5th be combust or be with malefics and be weak, there will be no children; even if per chance issues are obtained they will only quit the world soon.
4. If the 5th lord is in the 6th as the ascendant lord is conjunct Mars, the native will lose his very first child whereafter his female will not be fertile to yield offspring.
5. Should the 5th lord be in the fall in the 6th, 8th, or 12th, while Mercury and Ketu are in the 5th, the native's wife will give birth to one child only.
6. If the 5th lord is in fall and be not in aspect to the 5th while Saturn and Mercury are in the 5th, the native's wife will give birth to one child only.
7. Should the 9th lord be in the ascendant while the 5th lord is in fall and Ketu is in the 5th along with Mercury, obtainment of progeny will be after a great deal of ordalium.
8. If the 5th lord is in the 6th, 8th, or 12th, or be in an inimical sign or be in fall or in the 5th itself, the native will beget issues with difficulty.
9. Should the 5th house be owned by Saturn or Mercury and be occupied or aspected by Saturn and Mandi, one will have adopted issues.
10. Should the Sun and the Moon be together in a Rasi and in the same Navamsa, the native will be brought up by 3 mothers or 2 fathers.
11. Adopted issue is indicated if the 5th is tenanted by six planets while its lord is in the 12th, and the Moon and ascendant are endowed with strength.
12. There will be many children if the 5th lord is strong while the 5th is aspected by strong Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus.
13. If the 5th lord is with the Moon or be in her decanate, the native will beget daughters, so say astrologers.
14. If the 5th lord is in a movable sign while Saturn is in the 5th, as Rahu is with the Moon, the child (so born) is of questionable birth.
15. Undoubtedly the native is born of other's loins if the Moon is in the 8th from the ascendant while Jupiter is in the 8th from the Moon. Malefic's aspect/association is essential in this Yoga.
16. If the 5th lord is exalted or be in the 2nd, 5th, or 9th from the ascendant or be conjunct or aspected by Jupiter, obtainment of children will be there.
17. One will obtain children that will indulge in mean deeds if the 5th is occupied by 3 or 4 malefics while the 5th lord is in fall. A benefic (including Mercury) in the 5th is excluded in the said combination.
18. If the 5th is occupied by Jupiter while its lord is with Venus, one will obtain an offspring in his 32nd/33rd year.
19. Should the 5th lord be in an angle along with Jupiter, the Karaka, one will beget a child at the age of 30 or 36.
20. If Jupiter is in the 9th from the ascendant while Venus is in the 9th from Jupiter along with the ascendant lord, one will beget a child at the age of 40.
21. The native will at the age of 32 lose his child if Rahu is in the 5th, the 5th lord is conjunct a malefic and Jupiter is in debilitation.
22. There will be loss of children at 33 and 36 if a malefic is in the 5th from Jupiter while another is in the 5th from the ascendant.
23. Should Mandi be in the ascendant while the ascendant lord is in fall, grief on account of loss of child at the age of 56 will come to pass.
24-32. CHILDREN: NUMBER OF
There will be 10 sons if the 4th and the 6th are occupied by malefics while the 5th lord is in deep exaltation joining the ascendant lord as Jupiter is with another benefic. Nine will be the number of sons that one will beget if Jupiter is in deep exaltation as Rahu is with the 2nd lord and the 9th is occupied by its own lord. There will be eight sons if Jupiter is in the 5th/9th while the 5th lord is endowed with strength and the 2nd lord is in the 10th. Saturn in the 9th from the ascendant while the 5th lord is in the 5th itself, will give 7 sons out of which twins will be born twice.
If the 5th lord in the 5th in conjunction with the 2nd lord, there will be birth of 7 sons out of which 3 will pass away. Only one son is denoted if there be a malefic in the 5th from the ascendant while Jupiter is in the 5th from Saturn or vice versa. If the 5th house has a malefic in it or if Saturn is in the 5th from Jupiter, the native will beget offspring only through his 2nd or 3rd wife. Should the 5th be occupied by a malefic while Jupiter has Saturn in the 5th as the ascendant lord is in the 2nd, and the 5th lord is with Mars, one will live long but lose his children one after the other as they are born.