Effects of 7th House
1. O excellent of the Brahmins, listen to me detailing the effects of the 7th house. If the 7th lord is in his own sign or in exaltation, one will derive full happiness through his wife (and marriage).
2. SICK WIFE:
Should the 7th lord be in the 6th, 8th, or 12th , the wife will be sickly. This, however, does not apply to own house or exaltation placement as above.
3. EXCESSIVE LIBIDINOUSNESS/DEATH OF WIFE:
If Venus is in the 7th, the native will be exceedingly libidinous. Venus joining a malefic in any house will cause loss of wife.
4-5. THE 7TH LORD:
Should the 7th lord be endowed with strength and be conjunct or be aspected by a benefic, the native will be wealthy, honorable, happy, and fortunate. Conversely, if the 7th lord is in fall or is combust or is in an enemy's sign, one will acquire sick wives and many wives.
6. PLURALITY OF WIVES:
If the 7th lord is in a sign of Saturn or of Venus and be aspected by a benefic, there will be many wives. Should the 7th lord be particularly in exaltation, the same effects will come to pass.
7-8 1/2. MISCELLANEOUS MATTERS:
The native will befriend barren females (for sexual union) if the Sun is in the 7th. The Moon therein will cause association with such females as corresponding to the sign becoming the 7th. Mars placed in the 7th will denote association of marriageable girls (or those with menses) or with barren females.
Mercury indicates harlots, mean females, and females belonging to trader's community. Wife of a Brahmin or a pregnant female will be in the native's association if Jupiter is in the 7th. Base females and females having attained their courses are denoted by Saturn/Rahu/Ketu in the 7th.
9-9 1/2. Mars denotes a female with attractive breasts. Saturn indicates sick and weak spouse. Jupiter will bring a spouse with hard and prominant breasts while Venus will bring one with bulky and excellent breasts.
10-13 1/2. Malefics in the 12th and 7th while decreasing Moon is in the 5th denote that the native will be controlled by his spouse who will be inimical to the race (or family).
If the 7th house is occupied or owned by Saturn/Mars, the native will beget a harlot as his spouse or she will be attached to other men illegally. Should Venus be in a Navamsa of Mars or in a Rasi of Mars or be in aspect to or conjunct Mars, the native will "kiss" the private parts of the female. If Venus is so related to Saturn, the native will "kiss" the private parts of the male.
14-15. WORTHY SPOUSE:
The native will beget a spouse endowed with (the seven principal) virtues who will expand his dynasty by sons and grandsons if the 7th lord is exalted while the 7th is occupied by strong ascendant lord and a benefic.
16. EVILS TO SPOUSE:
If the 7th house or its lord is conjunct a malefic the native's wife will incur evils, especially if the 7th house or its lord is bereft of strength.
17. LOSS OF SPOUSE:
If the 7th lord is devoid of strength and is relegated to the 6th, 8th, or 12th, or if the 7th lord is in fall, the native's wife will be destroyed (i.e. she will die early).
18. LACK OF CONJUGAL FELICITY:
If the Moon is in the 7th as the 7th lord is in the 12th and the Karaka (indicator Venus) is bereft of strength, the native will not be endowed with marital happiness.
19-21. PLURALITY OF WIVES:
One will have two wives if the 7th lord is in fall, or in a malefic's sign along with a malefic while the 7th house or the 7th Navamsa belongs to a eunuch planet. If Mars and Venus are in the 7th or if Saturn is in the 7th while the lord of the ascendant is in the 8th, the native will have 3 wives. There will be many wives if Venus is in a dual sign while its lord is in exaltation as the 7th lord is endowed with strength.
22. TIME OF MARRIAGE (up to sloka 34):
If the 7th lord is in a benefic's house (or in the 9th as subha Rasi so means) while Venus is exalted or is in own sign, the native will marry at the age of 5 or 9.
23. If the Sun is in the 7th while his dispositor is conjunct Venus, there will be marriage at 7th or 11th year of age.
24. Venus in the 2nd while the 7th lord is in the 11th will give marriage at the age of 10 or 16.
25. Marriage will take place during the 11th year if Venus is in an angle from the ascendant while the ascendant lord is in Capricorn/ Acquarius.
26. The native will marry at 12 or 19 if Venus is in an angle from the ascendant while Saturn is in the 7th counted from Venus.
27. Should Venus be in the 7th from the Moon while Saturn is in the 7th from Venus, marriage will be in the 18th year.
28. Marriage will be in the 15th year if the 2nd lord is in the 11th while the ascendant lord is in the 10th.
29. An exchange between the lords of the 2nd and the 11th will bring marriage 13 years after birth.
30. One's 22nd/27th year will confer marriage if Venus is in the 7th from the 8th house (i.e. the 2nd from ascendant), while his dispositor is conjunct Mars.
31. Should the 7th lord be in the 12th while the natal ascendant lord is in the 7th Navamsa, marriage will be in the 23rd/26th year of age.
32. Either the 25th year or the 33rd year will bring marriage if the 8th lord is in the 7th as Venus is in Navamsa ascendant.
33. Should Venus be in the 9th from the 9th (i.e. in the 5th house), while Rahu is in one of the said houses (i.e. in the 5th/9th), marriage will take place during 31st/33rd year.
34. The native will marry at 30 or 27 if Venus is in the ascendant while the 7th lord is in the 7th itsel.
35-39. TIMING OF WIFE'S DEATH:
Loss of wife will occur in the 18th year or 33rd year of age of the native if the 7th lord is in fall while Venus is in the 8th. One will lose his spouse in his 19th year if the 7th lord is in the 8th while the 12th lord is in the 7th. The native's wife will die within three days of marriage due to snake bite if the native has Rahu in the 2nd and Mars in the 7th. If Venus is in the 8th while his dispositor is in a sign of Saturn, death of wife will take place during the native's 12th or 21st year of age. Should the ascendant lord be in his sign of debilitation as the 2nd lord is in the 8th, loss of wife will occur in the 13th year of age.
40-41. THREE MARRIAGES: Should the Moon be in the 7th from Venus while Mercury is in the 7th from the Moon and the 8th lord is in the 5th (from the ascendant), there will be marriage in the 10th year followed by another in the 22nd year and yet another in the 33rd year.
42. DEATH OF WIFE: If the 6th, 7th, and 8th are in their order occupied by Mars, Rahu, and Saturn, the native's wife will not live (long).