1-3. METHOD OF PADA CALCULATIONS:
O Brahmin, I shall now tell you about the Padas (or Arudhas) for bhavas and planets as well, as laid down by the earlier great sages. The Pada of the ascendant will correspond to the sign arrived at by counting so many signs from the ascendant lord as he is away from the ascendant. Similarly Padas for other houses be known through their lords. The word "Pada" exclusively denotes the Pada for the ascendant (or Lagna Pada).
4-5. SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS:
The same house or the 7th from it does not become its Pada. When the Pada falls in the same house, the 10th therefrom be treated as its Pada. Similarly when the 7th becomes the Pada of a house, the 4th from the original house in question be treated as its Pada. If the ruler of a bhava be in the 4th from the bhava, then the very house occupied be noted as the Pada.
6-7. PADAS FOR PLANETS:
Note the position of a planet and see how many signs away is its own sign with reference to its position. Count so many signs from the said own sign and the resultant sign will become the Arudha of the planets. If a planet owns two Rasis or if a Rasi is owned by two planets, consider the stronger and declare effects accordingly.
8-11. PADA AND FINANCE
O Brahmin, I now tell you of some effects of planets based on Pada. If the 11th from Lagna Pada is occupied by a planet, the native will be happy and rich; wealth will come through virtuous means if a benefic is related as above. A malefic will confer wealth through questionable means. If there be both a benefic and a malefic, it will be through both means. If the planet in question (i.e. the one so related to 11th from Lagna Pada) be in exaltation or in own sign etc, there will be plenty of gains and plenty of happiness.
12. O excellent of the Brahmins, if the 12th from Lagna Pada is unaspected as the 11th from Lagna Pada is being aspected by a planet, then the gains will be uninterrupted.
13-15. O Brahmin, the quantum of gains will correspond to the number of planets in or aspecting the 11th from Lagna Pada. If there is Argala for the said 11th there will be more gains while a benefic Argala will bring still more gains. If the said benefic causing Argala be in his exaltation, the gains will be still higher. If the said 11th is aspected by a benefic from the ascendant, the 9th etc. gains will increase in the ascending order. In all these cases, the 12th from Pada be simultaneously free from malefic association.
16-17. PADA AND FINANCIAL LOSSES
If the 12th from Lagna Pada is aspected by conjunct both benefics and malefics, there will be abundant earnings but plenty of expenses. The benefic will cause through fair means, malefic through unfair means and mixed planets through both fair and unfair means.
18. If the 12th from Lagna Pada is conjunct the Sun, Venus and Rahu, there will be loss of wealth through the king. The Moon aspecting (the said trio in the said house) will specifically cause more such losses.
19. If Mercury is in the 12th from the Lagna Pada and be with or aspected by benefic similarly there will be expenses through paternal relatives. A malefic so related to the said Mercury will cause loss of wealth through disputes.
20. O Brahmin, if Jupiter is in the 12th from Lagna Pada, aspected by others, the expenses will be through taxes and on one's own.
21. O Brahmins, if Saturn is in the 12th from the Lagna Pada along with Mars and is aspected by others, the expenses will be through one's coborn.
22. GAINFUL SOURCES:
Whatever sources of expenses are indicated above with reference to the 12th from Lagna Pada, gains through similar sources will occur if the 11th house so features with reference to Lagna Pada.
23. THE 7TH HOUSE FROM PADA
If Rahu and Ketu is placed in the 7th from Lagna Pada, the native will be troubled by stomachial disorders, or by fire.
24. Should there be Ketu in the 7th from the Lagna Pada and be aspected to or be conjunct another malefic, tha native will be adventurous, will have (prematurely) grey hair and big male organ.
25. Should one, two, or all the three of Jupiter, Venus, and the Moon be in the 7th from Lagna Pada, the native will be very wealthy.
26. Whether a benefic or a malefic if be exalted in the 7th from Lagna Pada, the native will be affluent, and be famous.
27. O Brahmin, these yogas as narrated by me with reference to the 7th from the Lagna Pada be also considered from the 2nd of Lagna Pada.
28. Anyone of Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus be exalted in the 2nd from Lagna Pada and be with strength, will make the subject rich.
29. The yogas so far stated by me with reference to Lagna Pada be similarly evaluated from Karakamsa as well.
If Mercury is in the 2nd from Arudha Lagna, the native will lord over the whole country. Venus in the 2nd from Lagna Pada will make one a poet or a speaker. If the Dara Pada (i.e. the Pada of the 7th house) falls in an angle or in a trine counted from the Lagna Pada or if the Lagna Pada and Dara Pada both have strong planets, the native will be rich and be famous in his country. If the Dara Pada falls in the 6th, 8th, or 12th from the Lagna Pada, then the native will be poor. If the Lagna Pada and the 7th therefrom or an angle/a trine/ an upachaya therefrom be occupied by a strong planet, there will be happiness between the husband and wife. If the Lagna Pada and Dara Pada are mutually angular or trinal, there will be amity between the couple; if these be in mutually 6th/8th/ or 12th, doubtlessly mutual enmity will crop up. O Brahmin, similarly mutual relationship or gain or loss through son etc, be known based on Lagna Pada and the relative Bhava Pada. If the Lagna Pada and Dara Pada are mutually angular or 3rd and 11th or trinal, the native will be a king ruling the earth. Similar deductions be made with reference to mutual positions of Lagna Pada and Dhana Pada.